Fondly known as social insects, honey bees are an important part of the ecosystem. It is responsible for pollination, and they take nectar from different flowers and they help grow plants. They build their hives and are found in tree logs, voids, and crevices. Usually, their hives will be big and they would like to settle in large flowering gardens. If you’re having a colourful and large garden, watch out for the beehives. Bees are useful and they should be removed with the help of a bee removal melbourne service. They have a strong sense of smell and use it to recognise different types of flowers when looking for food. On top of all, they useful to us in giving delicious honey, and that’s why they should be removed safely. Let’s see some more interesting facts about them.
- Bees are excellent communicators, and they indicate the food source to the other bees. They also bring about large amounts of honey daily.
- If you have lavenders and bluebells in your garden, no wonder, you’re sure to spot some bees around it. These are edible and are spring pollinator plants, which provide an excellent source of nectar they need.
- Honey bees are dangerous, if they are threatened or foresee an attack, they’ll defend and sting back badly. It is why trying out any DIY removal treatments should be strictly avoided.
- It is good to have a great sense of caution when they are around you in large numbers.
- They have a long stringer, and the longer the stringer stays on your skin, the more it will pain.
- A honey bee visits about 50 to 100 flowers during a honey collection trip.
- It can fly for up to six miles, and as fast as 15 miles per hour.
- Honey bees usually communicate with one another by dancing.
- Honey has always been highly regarded as a medicine. It also helps to cure sore throats, and digestive disorders to skin problems and fever.
Though bees are social insects, and they give delicious honey, having beehives on the property, should be removed with the help of professional bee control melbourne service. However, if you’re allergic to bees and require beehive removal melbourne professional assistance, call the experts from Enviro Safe Pest Control. For inspections, call 1300 997 272.