- Keep the groceries dry in the kitchen which will limit their food sources.
- Store the pet foods in airtight containers.
- Keep the carpets, upholstery, and flooring clean and dust free with regular vacuuming.
- Keep the surrounding damp free and remove the moisture from the surrounding implementing all possible methods.
- Remove dirt and moisture from the crawl spaces or unfinished basements.
- Keep the gutters clean and make sure the drainage system works perfectly.
- Block the open areas that offer access to the interiors by sealing the openings.
You can try out some home remedies for Silverfish Treatment and prevention.
- Silverfish hates the scent of bay leaves, sage, and whole cloves. You can put these spices around the home where you detected silverfish or the locations with possibilities of infestation.
- You can use diatomaceous earth which would act as a thermal insulator and dehydrate the silverfish. The pests would crawl away from the surrounding.
- You can spray 100% pure citrus essential oils mixing with water to prevent silverfish infestation.
- Silverfishes don’t like the smell of cucumber, so, you can place slices of cucumber in different places having infestation probabilities.
You can find different insecticides in the retail market claiming to treat and remove silverfish infestation. Avoid using the insecticides as these may not have certified chemicals. Harmful chemicals are not eco-friendly and not good for humans or pets as well. You or your pet may develop several allergies. The best way to prevent silverfish infestation and treatment is to appoint professionals!