The size of the beetles varies with species. Thus, it is challenging to identify certain species of beetles that are small in size. To identify the symptoms of beetles, you need to inspect the products that the beetles feed.
- Check the carpets, upholstered furniture, coats, blankets, woolen garments, comforters, pillows and other clothing materials to find signs of Carpet Beetle
- You can check the places in the kitchen that don’t get much accessed.
- Inspect the garden! The adult beetles feed on pollen and nectar of the flower plants. You can check the bark surface and the inner barks of twigs, and branches.
- If you find the clothing, carpets or other household products getting damaged without any signs of the reasons, inspect properly.
- If you experience itching sensation and scratch on the skin while accessing the infested products, it could be for the beetles and not the bed bugs!
Don’t ignore the symptoms and take immediate actions to prevent extensive damages. Identifying the symptoms and the species, take the required action to eliminate and control the infestation!