Possums are non-aggressive! But, these animals tend to eat anything and take shelter in a safe place.
- The possums carry ticks, mites, bacterial infections and other parasites that get transmitted to humans or pets easily.
- The droppings of possums contain Buruli Bacteria that causes skin ulcers in humans.
- Long-term exposure to their droppings would affect a person with a functional disability.
- If threatened, the possums will bite.
- The Possums mark their territory by urinating and rubbing the scent from the glands present under the chest, base of tail and chin. The smell of urine and droppings will turn the surrounding unhealthy.
Apart from causing such health issues, the Possums contaminate the exposed pet food, damage the insulation, and chew the electrical wires that are dangerous for the creatures as well as the humans residing in the property.
To know more about the different types of possum or to know how to get rid of possum. Before proceeding for possum removal in Australia, we recommend to read about the laws, which are made to protect these species.
Let us know, If you are dealing with possum issues in Melbourne, we are one call away.