Rats are opportunistic creatures and they are determined to look for any defect to gain access to your home. This is why you must ensure to seal the gaps, crevices, and repair all the damaged areas in your property. They are relentless in their search for food, and your home can support all their basic needs. If the rat infestation is severe, you can get help from professional rat control services in melbourne to get rid of the current rats from your home and prevent a return infestation. As they are known to spread diseases and infections, it pays to take action as early as possible. So, if you have spotted them in your home, here’s what you should do.
- Keep the doors and windows closed as they even use main entrances to enter inside. Use strong-wired meshes on your windows to prevent them from coming in.
- Fix all the plumbing issues and make sure all the pipelines are covered with lids.
- You can use a Dettol spray liquid along with vinegar in equal measures, and spray it all over the rat-infested areas. This strong liquid spray has a pungent smell, which rats dislike and it compels them to move out of the house.
- The best way to chase the current rats from your house is to have humane rat traps and deterrents. Place fresh bait in the areas, which they are usually active at night, and catch them once they got into it.
- Generally, rats will have their shelters in the kitchen, rooftops, bathrooms, and dark corners. Rats always look for a warm atmosphere, which helps them to raise their young ones.
- Take some cotton and soak it in peppermint oil, and place each one of them in their favourite hotspots. Rats hate the smell of peppermint and will run out of your house.
- Invest your time in house cleaning and make sure to lock all the dry foods in tight containers.
- Call professional rodent control services in melbourne to inspect your property, and get rid of them from your property.
With a little effort and hiring professional rat removal services in melbourne from Enviro Safe Pest Control can help you chase away the current rodents from your home. For appointments, call 1300 997 272.